Pulse iD is a start-up in the FinTech industry. Originally founded by ex-bankers in Melbourne, the company now has offices in Singapore (HQ), Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, and Melbourne. As we continue to scale, we are looking for a VP of Engineering who is passionate, team-oriented and technically hands-on to lead and mentor the engineering team.
You will be reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of Pulse iD and working closely with diverse stakeholders in building the engineering culture, value, and focus of the company.
Your responsibilities include:
- Oversee an engineering team of 15 engineers in planning and executing technical tasks and provide ongoing guidance, mentoring and training to the team.
- Work closely with the CTO in defining the engineering roadmap, strategy and drive its execution based on the company objectives. Advise the CTO on key architectural decisions.
- Be the steward of software engineering best practices including code quality, test coverage and product quality ensuring highly available and scalable architectures in the company.
- Ensure that each of our technology products meets industry standards
- Be an opinionated, equal partner for the product team to dream, design and execute great products
- Perform analysis of requirements and application architecture design based on requirements.
- Assist the sales team by participating with technical presales and travel (includes overseas travel) to customer locations
- Stay in touch with industry engineering practices and technologies.
- Sustain learning and knowledge sharing culture in the company. Attract and grow top engineering talents to scale up and improve the engineering team.
What do you need to have?
- At least 4 years of experience in developing, designing and maintaining highly available, large-scale production systems.
- You’ve got a good grasp on at least two programming languages, you’re keeping up with the latest trends in the backend engineering world, TDD is something you believe in, and have a good understanding/experience with building SAAS in the cloud.
- You must have experience with Continuous Integration and Automated Testing, worked in a microservices oriented company, have an understanding of event-driven systems and relational databases, developed and maintained developer-facing APIs.
- Mentoring and leadership are part of your DNA and you must have experience in leading an agile medium to large-sized, distributed teams.
Specific areas/technologies in which you must have experience in/with:
- 2+ years of experience of working in a similar position
- 8+ years of overall industry experience
- API design principles
- Software design principles (clean code, TDD, etc.)
- Unix/Linux systems
- AWS Components
- Two of the following programming languages:
- Two of the following DB’s:
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- FinTech (loyalty and payment industry) knowledge and experience
- Container schedulers (Kubernetes, ECS, etc.)
- Building CI/CD pipelines
- Leading distributed teams
- Managed (or contributed) to an Open Source project
We also offer the following:
- An exciting journey with an opportunity to build meaningful solutions for the industry
- An engaging environment that made up of cool and supportive team members
- An opportunity to work with talented industry practitioners, support, motivate and learn from each other.
- An attractive remuneration package with equity options
Does it sound like what you are looking for?
- Submit your application today or reach out to discuss further!
Interested to know more about Pulse iD?