Pulse iD is a start-up in the FinTech industry. Originally founded by ex-bankers in Melbourne, the company now has offices in Singapore (HQ), Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, and Melbourne. As we continue to scale, we are looking for a VP of Engineering who is passionate, team-oriented and technically hands-on to lead and mentor the engineering team.
You will be working closely with diverse stakeholders in building the engineering culture, value, and focus of the company.
Your responsibilities include:
- Oversee an engineering team of 15 engineers in planning and executing technical tasks and provide ongoing guidance, mentoring and training to the team.
- Work closely with the CTO in defining the engineering roadmap, strategy and drive its execution based on the company objectives. Advise the CTO on key architectural decisions.
- Be the steward of software engineering best practices including code quality, test coverage and product quality ensuring highly available and scalable architectures in the company.
- Ensure that each of our technology products meets industry standards
- Be an opinionated, equal partner for the product team to dream, design and execute great products
- Perform analysis of requirements and application architecture design based on requirements.
- Assist the sales team by participating with technical presales and travel (includes overseas travel) to customer locations
- Stay in touch with industry engineering practices and technologies.
- Sustain learning and knowledge sharing culture in the company. Attract and grow top engineering talents to scale up and improve the engineering team.
What do you need to have?
- At least 4 years of experience in developing, designing and maintaining highly available, large-scale production systems.
- You’ve got a good grasp on at least two programming languages, you’re keeping up with the latest trends in the backend engineering world, TDD is something you believe in, and have a good understanding/experience with building SAAS in the cloud.
- You must have experience with Continuous Integration and Automated Testing, worked in a microservices oriented company, have an understanding of event-driven systems and relational databases, developed and maintained developer-facing APIs.
- Mentoring and leadership are part of your DNA and you must have experience in leading an agile medium to large-sized, distributed teams.
Specific areas/technologies in which you must have experience in/with:
- 2+ years of experience of working in a similar position
- 8+ years of overall industry experience
- API design principles
- Software design principles (clean code, TDD, etc.)
- Unix/Linux systems
- AWS Components
- Two of the following programming languages:
- Two of the following DB’s:
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- FinTech (loyalty and payment industry) knowledge and experience
- Container schedulers (Kubernetes, ECS, etc.)
- Building CI/CD pipelines
- Leading distributed teams
- Managed (or contributed) to an Open Source project
We also offer the following:
- An exciting journey with an opportunity to build meaningful solutions for the industry
- An engaging environment that made up of cool and supportive team members
- An opportunity to work with talented industry practitioners, support, motivate and learn from each other.
- An attractive remuneration package with equity options
Does it sound like what you are looking for?
- Submit your application today or reach out to discuss further!
Interested to know more about Pulse iD?