About the Role
We’re looking for a passionate software engineering leader who’s in love with technology, excited about building solutions that serve millions of users, curious about life and who loves teaching & learning from others.
- Advise the CTO regarding key architectural decisions
- Act as a team builder who sets the engineering culture, values and focus
- Do the research and analysis for solving a complex tech problem
- Ensure that each of our technology products meets industry standards
- Be an opinionated, equal partner for the product team to dream, design and execute great products
- Assist the sales team by participating with technical presales and travel (incl. overseas) to customer locations
As the candidate, you have:
- At least 4 years of experience in developing, designing and maintaining highly available, large-scale production systems. You’ve got a good grasp on at least two programming languages, you’re keeping up with the latest trends in the backend engineering world, TDD is something you believe in, and have a good understanding/experience with building SAAS in the cloud.
- You must have experience with Continuous Integration and Automated Testing, worked in a microservices oriented company, have an understanding of event-driven systems and relational databases, developed and maintained developer-facing APIs.
- Mentoring and leadership are part of your DNA and you must have experience in leading an agile medium to large-sized, distributed teams.
Specific areas/technologies in which you must have experience in/with:
- 2+ years of experience of working in a similar position
- 8+ years of overall industry experience
- API design principles
- Software design principles (clean code, TDD, etc.)
- Unix/Linux systems
- AWS Components
- Two of the following programming languages:
- Two of the following DB’s:
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- FinTech (loyalty and payment industry) knowledge and experience
- Container schedulers (Kubernetes, ECS, etc.)
- Building CI/CD pipelines
- Leading distributed teams
- Managed (or contributed) to an Open Source project
- We offer an attractive base salary with performance-based bonuses and equity options.