About Pulse iD
Pulse iD is a FinTech platform that automates how rewards are sourced, distributed and redeemed. Headquarter in Singapore, our technology is on million of smartphones. Underpinned by proprietary and highly disruptive technology, Pulse iD is backed by experienced investors and is navigating an industry segment that is experiencing exponential growth.
About the Role
We’re looking for a passionate software engineering leader who’s in-love with technology, excited about building solutions that service millions of users, curious about life and who loves teaching & learning from others.
Pulse iD is organized into small, agile, cross functional teams that works closely with the product team. Ownership is part of our DNA and every member of the team has a say in the shaping of the products they are working on. We believe in clean code, TDD, and continuous deployment.
● Act as a team builder who sets the engineering culture, values and focus
● Do the research and analysis for solving complex tech problems
● Ensure that each of our technology products meet or exceed industry standards
● Be a member of an agile scrum team that takes complete ownership of architecting, designing, developing, testing and delivering.
● Keep our code quality high by performing code reviews and making sure code is covered with tests and only good practices are applied.
● Assist in defining process models and tool sets to enable adoption of DevOps methodologies
● Ensure timely completion of Sprint tasks assigned to you and the team
● Formulate and document the best practices and architectures to develop and manage highly resilient solutions on public and private PaaS and SaaS platforms
Requirements & Experience:
● 6+ years software development experience
● Experience in Startups & vendor development companies is an advantage
● A good grasp on at least two programming languages, one of which is node.js
● Experience working with ES6 features, understanding of ES7 features
● Understanding, applying and ability to teach others of testing practices (TDD)
● DB (Postgres, Mysql, Elastic Search, etc) The more experience with different DB types the better.
● Produce clean, secure, testable, maintainable, reusable, well documented code and participate in regular code reviews
● Agile Scrum development experience
● Good documentation standards and experience
● Experience with developing, designing and maintaining highly available, large-scale production systems.
● Develop clear consistent, easy to use APIs
● Analyze and solve all problems across all levels of the stack (Client, Network, API Layer, Server, Database, OS)
● Experience with implementing run-time architecture services (caching, logging, etc.)
Nice to Have
● Experience with AWS services
● Experience with Asynchronous messaging using Kafka, RabbitMQ, Redis or alike.
● Previous work experience in a microservices oriented company
● An understanding of event driven systems
● Knowledge of CI/CD tools and processes such as Git, Jenkins, JUnit/TestNG, Nexus, Chef/Puppet etc
● Familiarity with containerization technologies such as docker and swarm and kubernetes
● Familiarity with Unix/Linux OS and shell scripts
● Experience with React JS
● Knowledge of CSS preprocessors (SASS, LESS)