Are you a Backend Geek?
This is not a usual job description where after reading the roles and responsibilities you are still unclear about the work you will be doing and how your contributions will impact the customers.
Here, we will tell you exactly what you’re getting into and you decide for yourself if we’re worthy of your application.
Deal? Let’s do it!
So, what is Pulse iD?
Pulse iD is an emerging fin-tech start-up in the APAC region and our mission is to connect merchants to customers via banks, publishers, payment networks, merchant acquirers, boosting their revenue exponentially. We enable merchants to reach global customer audiences, when and where it matters, and accelerate their revenue growth. The company now has offices in Singapore (HQ), Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong and, Melbourne.
Who we are as a team?
- Do real work. Life is short. You can not buy time. We use our time in shipping things that move our customers and company forward.
- Integrity & trust comes first — with customers & team
- We don't just work for paychecks, we work to create value.
- We believe in value creation over profits.
- We are makers! We are artists! We believe in craftsmanship!
- We are remote, work from anywhere. You must be thinking because of covid. Absolutely NO!
- We don't track time. The work speaks for us. We are ROWE (Result Oriented Work Environment)
- We are a geographically distributed team across the world.
- We are polyglots.
Not convinced yet? Okay, here’s the fun stuff
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a self-motivated Senior Backend Engineer (NodeJS) with a minimum of 5+ years of work experience and who are also passionate, innovative, and team-oriented to join us.
What we would like you to do?
- You will work with your teammates in a disciplined agile development environment to solve diverse technical challenges.
- You will be collaborating with the engineering manager to draft solutions for the product requirements and specification.
- You will be working closely with a talented team to design and architect and build meaningful solutions that solve complex problems in simple ways in a disciplined agile development environment.
- You will write testable services/libraries/components that are scalable, reliable, and performant and meet the defined quality standards and performance benchmarks with meaningful documentation.
- You will influence how we build individual features and products, and bring in best practices and patterns that can be used for the engineering lifecycle.
- You will participate in continuous improvement initiatives to improve product design and performance
- Come up with innovative ideas that will help the company and team.
- Mentor junior engineers and help other team members.
- Regularly share your learning with other team members.
What do you need to have?
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer using NodeJS, GoLang, or another programming language.
- Strong sense of ownership, drive, and ability to deliver results.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and their application
- Expertise in web technologies and APIs and a solid understanding of fundamentals of TCP/IP, HTTP, and security
- Test-driven development mindset and a focus on quality, scalability, and performance.
- Hands-on experience with relational databases like MySQL/Postgress and NoSql like Redis.
- Experience with AWS stack and containerization (Docker, ECS, S3, RDS, Cognito, etc.)
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools and processes such as Git, Bitbucket Pipelines, Terraform, etc.
- Good understanding of building scalable systems which are easy to operate and cost-effective
- Strong understanding of programming fundamentals to produce high-quality code.
- Understanding of engineering best practices and knowledge of data structures and an eye for architecture. You can discuss the tradeoff between architectural choices, both on a theoretical level and on an applied level.
So, Do you think we’re a good fit? Then let’s roll.
- Submit your application now!
- A quick call with HR
- Introduction call with technical team.
- Solve an assignment.
- Final technical discussion round
- Go through a reference check.
- Job Offer (contingent on the above steps).
- Welcome to the Pulse iD family!
More information about Pulse iD at www.pulseid.com